Building on the success of our original ink tracking cards, our 2nd generation tracking cards incorporate new features to make them easier to use, more versatile and longer lasting. Whether being used for wildlife research or management projects, PERDIX Ink Tracking Cards are a simple and cost-effective method for detecting the presence or absence of mammals and other wildlife from their footprints. The cards are supplied pre-inked and just need to be unfolded and placed in a tunnel. Any visitors to the tunnel will then leave their footprints on the plain areas of the card at each end. Our tracking cards use a non-toxic vegetable-based ink that will remain moist for many months allowing for continuous monitoring of a site without regular visits to change cards. On the back of each card, the user can record useful information including site, tunnel number, date set, date checked and attractant. These portions of the card can then be separated from the inked area and kept for future reference. Cards are 58mm wide x 300mm long and have a 100mm wide pre-inked section in the middle. At the centre of the card is a 32mm perforated circle that can be removed if using an attractant. We recommend using our aluminium caps for holding the attractant. Our tracking cards come in packs of 5.
PERDIX ink tracking cards are ideal for:
- Wildlife conservation:
- Helps inform conservation organisations on the status of threaten / protected species.
- Wildlife research:
- Research projects examining presence/ absence of mammals and other species
- Wildlife management:
- Long-term monitoring for the return of pests in remote locations. e.g. On islands after an eradication programme has been completed.
- Improving trapping selectivity – only set traps when target species are using tunnels.
- Improving trapping efficiency – only set traps when target species are using tunnels.
- Pest control:
- Cost-effective monitoring of areas for rats and mice (will also detect larger insects such cockroaches). Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Monitoring can reduce rodenticide use as required by CRRU by providing the pest control operative a clear indication of whether a pest is present or not and therefore whether baiting is required.
Need cards in a different size or configuration? Please contact us to discuss your requirements.